Title insurance is a contract which indemnifies against loss arising through a defect in the title to real property. More If the title is insurable, the title company will guarantee against loss due to any defects in title not specifically set forth in the policy, and pay all expenses in defense of any lawsuit which attacks the title as insured within the terms of the policy.
Hidden Risks Covered by Title Insurance. There may be defects in the title which an examination may not disclose. A title policy protects against all of these hidden risks, and more:
• Marital property rights not disclosed of record
• Conveyances altered before recording
• Deeds by minors
• Deeds by persons supposedly single but secretly married
• Deeds by persons of unsound mind
• Deeds delivered after death of grantor or grantee, or without consent of the grantor
• Defective foreclosures of mortgages
• Errors made by administrators and executors
• Errors in copying and indexing
• False representations in the appointment of guardians and administrators
• Falsification of records
• Forged deeds, releases, or wills
• Fraud, duress, or coercion in securing essential signatures
• Illegal acts of trustees
• Instruments executed under expired or fabricated power of attorney
• Impersonations by fraudulent persons
• Liens for unpaid estate, inheritance, income, and gift taxes
• Undisclosed or missing heirs
RYAN & MELODY DAWES STUART
Here are some important points to know about title insurance:
• Title Within One Week
• Timely, Reliable Service
• Premium Paid At Closing
• Full-Service Title Settlement
• Protects Against Title Defects
• Guaranteed The Lowest Rates
• A premium is paid at the time of closing.
• It is your right to select your title services.
Weichert Title Agency is a full-service title settlement and title insurance agency ensuring buyers and borrowers in connection with the purchase or refinancing of real estate. Weichert Title Agency has a business relationship with Weichert, Realtors.
While it is not a requirement to use Weichert Closing Services or Weichert Title Services, we hope you are satisfied with the product we offer and elect to use our services.
We strive to improve communication between lenders, buyers, sellers, and all professionals involved in bringing a transaction successfully to closing. The result: parties working together toward the common goal - closings as scheduled.
REALTOR | INVESTOR
BUY • SELL • BUILD • INVEST
Real Estate • Mortgage • Insurance • Home Warranty • Closing Services • Property Management
121 North Pitt Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
703.705.9339 | Cell 703.549.8700 | Office email@example.com www.ginabaca.com